On January 2023, Mr. Zubair Ahmed, Founder & CEO of Hishab was interviewed on the ICE business times by Dipto Mesbah about removing barriers to Digital Banking.
He talked about his vision of making mobile banking accessible to all with conversational AI.
Here are some key takeaways from the session.
Q: What are the services offered by Hishab and who is its target market?
- Hishab is a telephony conversational AI that lets you do banking by talking. Primarily, our service is voice pay and the customer segment is predominantly financial institutions.
- We targeted mobile financial service providers, banks and microfinance institutions. Currently, the active-user ratio is around 25℅. Hishab’s end goal is to increase this ratio using conversational AI.
Q: As someone who has been so deeply involved in the field of machine learning, could you share your insights into the current state of AI in Bangladesh?
- Bangladesh is doing really great in AI and there are a lot of people passionate about advancing the field. A graduate engineer could work in any one of the several AI companies in Bangladesh, and they will very quickly understand the way it is being practised. Engineers should focus on these two things – research and filing patents. In the field of AI, there needs to be constant R&D.
Q: What hard skills do you believe are necessary to become a tech entrepreneur?
- Planning and strategy, project management, and presentation-making skills are very important to an entrepreneur.
- You have to know how to tell your story because not everyone is from your area of expertise. Your audience should know what your presentation is about within the first three to four minutes. So, show the product demo first, and then go into the details.
You can check the whole interview from here.
What is the ICE business times?
ICE Business Times is a monthly business publication in Bangladesh which was established in September 2010. The magazine aims to analyze, interpret and disseminate news of local as well as global financial, commercial and industrial developments to its readers.
Hishab is a world leader in telephony-based Conversational AI technology. Hishab holds over 30 Patents (approved) and 24 Patents (under processing) in over 26 countries across the world. Hishab’s team is represented by people from 8 different countries across Europe and Asia. German and Norwegian Engineering meets with Japanese and Bangladeshi leadership to bring the world’s MOST innovative solution for the digitalization of the mass across the world.